Watch: Tackling money laundering with data, intelligence & partnerships
Criminal groups use money laundering and illicit finance practices to fund their operations and conceal their gains, costing the UK hundreds of billions of pounds each year. The malign influence of ‘dirty money’ threatens the UK’s national security, prosperity and reputation.
On June 20th, Clue gathered leading minds in financial crime to explore how effectively using data, intelligence, and partnerships can help dismantle this criminal process. The panel included:
- Ian Dyson QPM, Distinguished Fellow at Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) and former City of London Police Commissioner (Chair)
- Helena Wood, Head of UK Economic Crime Programme, RUSI
- Nick Lewis OBE, Global Head, i3 – Integrated Intelligence & Investigations, Standard Chartered Bank
- Sal Melki, Head of Threat Leadership·National Economic Crime Centre (NECC), National Crime Agency (NCA)
Attracting one of our largest audiences to date, watch the webinar for:
- The wide-ranging impact of money laundering on the economy, including funding an international drugs trade and enabling endemic crimes like fraud.
- International corruption and the impact of illicit finance as a tool for foreign influence.
- Best practice and key wins in combating crime across public and private sectors, including operational examples, latest legislative tools and investments.
- How technology can improve outcomes by facilitating better data sharing and partnerships, and solutions available to enhance intelligence and investigations.
- Actionable steps for organisations and common pathways towards tackling the malign influence of dirty money in the UK.
Clue is used by private and public sector teams to conduct end-to-end economic crime investigations, aggregating data and intelligence sources to provide a holistic view of potential criminal activity and to surface new insights.
Explainer: Clue for Economic Crime
Fraud, money laundering, and corruption and bribery. Our investigation and intelligence application helps organisations protect against key economic crime th...
Decoding the evolving threats to intelligence in law enforcement
This year’s NPCC National Intelligence Conference focused on the themes of prevention and early intervention; Matt Horne, Head of Policing & Government for C...
Clue Communities: Counter fraud teams explore prevention
Counter fraud teams from DEFRA and NHSCFA joined us for a lively day of knowledge exchange.
On October 5th, join sports law guru Richard McLaren and leaders in anti-doping and learn how to maximise technology for an intelligence-led approach to testing.