Reflections from the Clue User Conference 2019
Yesterday we had our annual user conference, this time it was at Stamford Bridge – the home of Chelsea Football Club.
The event in numbers:-
- 4 – number of Chelsea supporters present out of 125 delegates
- 10,000 – the number of kilometres that our farthest customer travelled– Gambling Regulatory Authority of Mauritius
- 25 – the number of metres that our nearest customer travelled – Chelsea Football Club
- 110 – the percentage increase in number of organisations attending compared to last year
- 1,205,949 – the headcount of the largest organisation in attendance
- 2 – the headcount of the smallest organisation in attendance
We had people present with investigative responsibilities related to corruption, chemicals weapons, match fixing, doping, ticket touting, organised crime, environmental crime, fraud, insider threats, safeguarding and child protection, counter terrorism, counter extremism, animal crime, animal welfare, food crime, corporate security, nuclear security, police complaints, discipline, prisoner intelligence, customs and border crime.
Our customers all need to:
- manage information securely, with evidential integrity
- are all dealing with increasing amounts of data
- all need Clue to be simple to use.
This commonality allows us to develop and enhance our product for the benefit of the whole community of users. When we develop a new feature, our job is to make it relevant and useful to everyone, and give users the ability to tailor Clue to suit their work and environment.
To do this, we are always looking for ways to hear from our customers, understand their challenges, and then deliver software that helps.
Our objectives for the day were to share how to get best out of Clue, to share product strategy and roadmap, to hear the suggestions, ideas and feedback from our community of users and finally for everyone to network and exchange ideas.
A big congratulations to all our award winners this year.
We very much look forward to next year’s event!